Friday, May 21, 2010

Slowwwwwly losing it.

Well, I just bought a new pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller than most of my other pants. Not to be confused with "I just bought a new pair of size 2 jeans" - it ain't no Michael Thurmond 6 week body makeover, but it's mine. It's more like the dedicated but not so much she doesn't cheat once in awhile body makeover. I can tell when I told my boyfriend, Rick, that my jeans were 2 sizes smaller, he was thinking "Reeeeeally? - Hmmm, I just don't see it." But he said "Good job hon!" with an enthusiastic smile - God bless him.

I lost my work out partner to busy motherhood duties, so getting myself to the gym as often has been a challenge. However, once I'm there, I get a better workout because I don't talk so much! When I have a bad day at work I still think I deserve a concrete mixer for the drive home. And I can't seem to shake the rule that food day food doesn't have calories. Or that I can't have pizza... because it's Friday afterall and that's what we always have on Friday and it wouldn't be fair to Rick not to have pizza.

So for the next six weeks, I'll continue my behavior modification therapy and trips to the gym. I'll keep dancing with the stars and breaking furniture. I'll keep trying to have either potatoes or bread but not both. Ect. Ect. Ect. I appreciate you all keeping me honest, knowing you are out there helps a lot! Love you!

1 comment: