Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Gleek from WAY back

I love Glee. It never fails to stir up old memories. These trips down memory lane are really important to me and so are the people along the road. I don't know if I'm just weird, or if other people have random memories that sustain them - for example, years of playing records in my room by myself or with a friend or in their room. Doing homework. Crying. Daydreaming. Singing. Making up dances. Just laying on the bed. Our rooms. Ahhhhh. With the "Don't Trust Anyone Over 30" sign on the wall.

This started about age 4. Some well worn albums or 45s are Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins Soundtrack, Sound of Music Soundtrack, The Partridge Family, Bobby Gentry, Johnny Cash, Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass, Glen Campbell, Roberta Flack (can you tell these were my mom's :-) Cher, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Funny Girl, Funny Lady, Bette Midler, Simon and Garfunkel, Diana Ross, Barry Manilow, Chicago, Olivia Newton John, Elton John's Good Bye Yellow Brick Road, Godspell, Best of Bread side 1, and I rented classical albums from the library. I guess I didn't think they were worth buying! Of course, there are many more.

For someone who can't sing a note - music really helps me expunge emotion, or celebrate life, love and All That Jazz. What helps you?

No comments:

Post a Comment